Phone:(202) 525-6799 Email: email@example.com
So what makes for Great Web Design?
There are numerous factors that go into the design and development of a website, including both creative and technical skill sets. In general, the experience and utilization of the following web design capabilities can set the foundation for a great website, for now and for the future.
The following is a comprehensive breakdown of web design capabilities that a professional web design company should have. Take a few minutes and simply look over the list - by becoming even slightly familiar with the terminology listed, you will better position yourself to judge the competency, experience, and level of professionalism of any web designer.
Vision Bloom strives to provide in each of the above areas. In general, use the above web design capability list as a checklist of possible areas of discussion with any web designer you are considering, specially if your needs go beyond the development of a basic website.
What is the process to get a Website Designed and Developed?
The process to design and develop a website will most likely vary when it comes to different web design companies. However the process used by any company should more or less be centered around the satisfaction of the client and the success of the website project.
The Vision Bloom Process for website design specifically provides benefits for our clients and the success of the website project:
First, the process allows our clients to become comfortable with the entire web design process (including costs and other variables) and provides our clients the opportunity to see how their website will look before it is built outright.
Second, the process allows Vision Bloom to gather all requirements from a potential client so that all feasible solutions can be exposed and analyzed, and more importantly, for the client's business goals to become the driving force behind the design of the website.
Vision Bloom's web design and development process is detailed below:
1. When a potential client contacts Vision Bloom with an interest in Web Design or related services, Vision Bloom conducts a concise telephone interview to determine general needs, allowing Vision Bloom to provide approximate web design pricing , general solutions, and the opportunity to answer any open ended questions.
This initial process usually takes a couple of hours and is free of charge.
2. Based on the feedback provided back to the client and the client's continued interest, one or more detailed requirements gathering sessions are scheduled (either face-to-face or through the phone), to appropriately expose business needs as it relates to the website. These sessions allow Vision Bloom to communicate specific solutions and ideas that support or enhance the client's business goals, including a detailed cost breakdown allowing the client to better analyze the solution being proposed.
This requirements gathering process can take several sessions over the course of one or two weeks. A small retainer fee may be requested as additional time is allotted and dedicated to the continuation of this process with the client.
3. At this stage, having covered the overview of the web solution in mind, the client can specify the extent of functionality and design to utilize, allowing better management of size and cost of the project. Most importantly, Vision Bloom will provide a design mockup of the website to allow the client to visualize the look and feel of the website in mind, and to appropriately allow the client to make adjustments to the sample design with support from Vision Bloom.
This phase can take two to three weeks based on the client's availability and the need for any additional time by the client or Vision Bloom.
4. With the agreement and approval of all website details by the client (including the site design), a contract is signed for the development of the website, start up funds are collected, the hosting account for the website is setup, and the actual design of the site is started. As the site is being worked on, specific information and content will be requested and collected from the client (as mutually determined in the requirements gathering phase) and will be integrated into the website. Additionally, the real-time progress of the website will be available for the client to review at any time, allowing further feedback and enhancements to be brought to the attention of Vision Bloom - making for a web solution that is more finely customized and satisfactory by the client.
This development process can range between one to three months, depending on the size of the website project and the turnaround time for requested information and content from the client.
5. With the categorical completion of the website, the web solution is reviewed both by the client and Vision Bloom for final adjustments and enhancements, including testing of all website functionality - and with the full satisfaction of the client the site is signed off on and launched live. At this point, the remaining balance of the website development fee is collected, and the client is also provided the ability to view statistics for their site in regards to user visitors and Search Engine Optimization results (if SEO has been requested by the client).
6. After the launch of the website, Vision Bloom will continue to monitor the website and will provide support for updates, modifications, or new additions as requested by the client. Remember, most websites will not require any updates or maintenance unless specifically requested by the client for the addition of new content or functionality.
Keep in mind that by better understanding the factors and processes involved in the development of a website (as described above), you'll be better able to connect with the right web design company. Additionally, as a website design customer, you should pay special attention to the qualities demonstrated by any web design company... as detailed below.
Web Design needs to adhere to the visual psychology of the brain, supporting the flow of the user's attention, while avoiding distractions that can interrupt the focused mind, including any inconsistencies or irrelevancies.
In support of the user's attention, good web design should be consistent, especially since consistency is fundamental to usability - and without proper usability, users can easily become annoyed or frustrated with a website and simply turn away.
Additionally, distractions can be avoided by focusing on design quality, which can provide for a simple elegance that besides being attractive, should emphasize excellence and distinctive characteristics that are in harmony with the user's expectations.
As a result of the above philosophy, Vision Bloom emphasizes consistency and quality in web design to provide a professional look & feel that generates a user friendly web experience for users, allowing design elements to better serve their purpose - to support the main message or goal of the website.
Vision Bloom uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) High Quality Graphic Design Professional Photography and Rich Multimedia Design with Adobe Flash to promote and support the design philosophy mentioned above. Read about these design capabilities below.
Design with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a web technology used to design the look and feel of web pages. The proper application and mastery of Cascading Style Sheets has become essential to the fundamental design, layout, and rendering of website pages in today's modern browsers.
The use of CSS provides specific benefits, including the faster design of websites better organizations for maintenance of website pages faster download and rendering of websites and by indirectly supporting Search Engine Optimization.
In a nutshell, the use of CSS can save time, and money - during both the development and maintenance of a website.
Additionally, the use of CSS provides a helping hand to a core problem in web design, the requirement to render website pages consistently across the numerous popular browsers in use today - including Microsoft Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Apple Safari and the Opera Browser (to name the most popular).
By understanding core stylesheet principles and the appropriate application of cascading styles, a web designer gains the ability to design and format a website to one logical standard that is consistent across all browsers, increasing usability across different operating systems and across different users.
Remember, Cascading Style Sheets are fundamental in today's web design - hence a mastery and knowledge of CSS can go a far way in the development of a professional and high quality website, while saving design time and money. Vision Bloom appropriately makes use of CSS in the design of websites for our clients, helping to produce solutions that are faster to design, easier to manage, and more consistent across browsers - ultimately saving you time and money in the web design process.
High Quality Graphic Design
The goal of graphic design is to simplify information, provide visual form to ideas, and to communicate with expression. In the context of the web, graphic design is used to advertise and provide branding, organize information into easy to read layouts, to engage users using interactive graphic elements, and to promote visual calls to action.
Vision Bloom understands how high quality graphic design can enhance the usability, feel, and credibility of a website, so we focus on consistently using high quality design elements to support the development of website pages.
This includes applying high quality typography page layout photos images interface design and interactive elements.
Brochure and Business Card Design
Vision Bloom provides professional photography as a means to capture the right imagery for your website. This includes photography of products business locations events models equipment staff portraits and other related cases.
Rich Multimedia Design with Adobe Flash
Rich Multimedia Design is the capability to incorporate dynamic and engaging multimedia within a more graphically static environment, such as a website. Today, Adobe Flash is the de facto technology to bring rich multimedia to the web, and Vision Bloom makes appropriate use of this technology in the design of websites.
Vision Bloom's initial site was designed entirely in Flash and is an example of how Flash
can be used to incorporate animations, video, and interactivity into a website:
So why is rich multimedia design important? Because it stimulates the user to act and engage, allowing your message, service, or product to be better publicized to your audience. Specifically, rich multimedia design allows for the integration of Video Animations Interactive Elements, Audio & Music and can serve as an Integration Platform for new and innovative technologies.
Remembering the Purpose of a Well Designed Website
To garner credibility and trust
To attract the user's attention
And to communicate and engage the user to take action
Remember, poor design begets poor customers!
Since potential customers can judge you very quickly simply based on the look and feel of your online presence, it's important to not trust your website design to just anyone.
Good web design does not need to be a mystery. By using the appropriate design principles and capabilities mentioned above, good design can come together to work for you.
Attain Web Design Enlightenment!
Contact Vision Bloom for high quality web design.